Monday, April 29, 2013

Light Can Be Blinding


     I wake up at 4:50 am every weekday to get ready for school. I shut off the alarm, turn on some Christian music, have a quick stretch, and then it's off to the bathroom. Our bedroom is super dark, so turning on the lights first thing in the morning (always before the sun comes up) is often blinding. 

     The bible says in 1 John 1:5 "Now this is the message we have heard from Him and declare to you: God is light, and there is absolutely no darkness in Him. "

     God is light and sin is darkness. The two cannot co-exist. The light will overpower the darkness. 

     Paul wrote in acts 26: 17b-18 about his conversion experience. Jesus spoke to him saying, "I now send you to them to open their eyes so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that by faith in Me they may receive forgiveness of sins and a share among those who are sanctified."

     I can remember walking, for a lengthy period of time, in sin. It's painful. It was hard to see were I was and were I was going. God's light can be blinding when you've been walking in sin for a while. The promise is that God's grace is there for me and for you. Yeah the light can be blinding when we've been in the darkness for so long, but our eyes will adjust if we just step into the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment