Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dave and I are 21 weeks in to our pregnancy. It's been a long time since I've blogged about anything. So long in fact that I forgot how to log in to my account. Here's what we've been up to in the last few months.

We found out in early July that we were pregnant. We were so excited. Dave and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year. We both were getting a little impatient waiting on the Lord. Finally, in His timing, He blessed us with this wonderful experience of pregnancy.

This is the night we found out we were going to have our first child together.

     We tried to wait until we were through our first trimester before telling anyone. We decided to make a baby announcement to mail out to our closest friends before telling the world on Facebook. We were able to last 9 weeks before the first card was discovered in the mail.

This was one of the pictures we used to tell our friends that we were expecting our first child together.  

     I only had four weeks of morning sickness. All of that was before school started. I was already feeling better when we started school. In fact, the only discomforts I've had to deal with are headaches (which have gone away now) and back aches. It is so worth all the pain when I feel that little one kicking inside my belly. 

My little crossfire would not do for a baby. That means it is time for an upgrade. Dave bought me this nice Lexus to cart our baby around. 


So many changes already and the baby isn't even here yet. We have been thrilled to experience pregnancy together. Dave has been super helpful with everything. I am finally getting to a point where Dave can feel the baby kick. I know he almost cried the first time he saw the baby on the ultrasound. Later he told me that was the first time (for him) that it felt real.


Then came time to found out if we were having a boy or a girl. My friend Kristina helped to plan our gender reveal party. She knew for 4 weeks what we were having. She did an awesome job keeping everything a secret. Here'e a few pictures from our party. 

The main table was split in half. On the blue side I had a picture of Dave as a little fella. On the other side was a picture of me as a little girl. It was hard to find a picture of just me. My mom always had our pictures taken together since we were triplets. 

Here we are able to reveal the sex of the baby. It was a surprise to Dave, me, and all our guests at the party (with the exception of Kristina). She had to know what we were having so she could bury the color leis in the sand. 

I have seen all my friends do gender reveal parties. I wanted to make our reveal unique to Hawaii. We decided that we would have Kristina purchase the correct color leis (blue for a boy and pink for a girl). We then put them in a box and buried them in the Hawaiian sand. We decided to make the sand castle a replica of a woman's baby bump. It turned out really cute.

  

So...IT'S A BOY!
The leis turned out to be blue. Our guest cheered and then congratulated us. We were even able to face-time in some family to see the big reveal.


Our little bundle of joy has a name!


His name will be Noah Kekoa Deitch. We wanted to give him a Hawaiian middle name since he will be born in Hawaii. Kekoa (Ka-ko-(w)ah) in Hawaiian means brave and courageous. It's what the Hawaiians call their warriors. I think the name is definitely fitting for the little fella. 

Thank you to all the family and friends that have supported Dave and me through our little adventure. We are so excited to be first time parents. Now comes the fun of getting to buy the baby stuff. Please continue to pray that everything goes well with little Noah. We love you all and God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment